Moore Group’s Archaeological section undertakes work throughout Ireland. Established in 2001, we have developed considerable expertise in all aspects of archaeology during our twelve years. We are unique in that we provide an holistic service to our clients, working in conjunction with our in-house environmental consultants to provide a comprehensive environmental service. This unique suite of services enables us to assist our clients at all points in a projects development, addressing many of the elements of an EIS in-house, whether the project be terrestrial, marine or lacustrine. This suite of services is unparalleled in Ireland.
We have a wide range of in-house specialities and services. At the outset or early design stage of a project we can assist in the completion of site selection processes, complete environmental impact assessments, give advice on impacts and mitigation measures and fulfill archaeological planning conditions, such as testing, monitoring or full excavation. Our services also includes archaeological landscape assessments and assessment on the setting and context of the cultural heritage. We can also carry out historic building surveys, human remains analysis, and computer modelling.
The company employs 3 full time licence eligible archaeologists and has available a support staff of specialists, senior archaeologists, surveyors and IT specialists. We have carried out everything from assessments, testing, monitoring and excavation for single dwelling house developments to large scale infrastructural developments such as road schemes and power lines.
Our Services Include
- Screening and scoping
- Public Consultation
- Archaeological Landscape & Visual Impact Assessment
- Assessment of Impacts on Setting
- Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment
- GIS mapping and analysis
- Archaeological Testing
- Archaeological Monitoring
- Archaeological Excavation
- Planning Enquiries/Expert Witness Appearances
Our Senior Consultants all have over 20 years experience of specialist contribution to environmental impact assessment and archaeological fieldwork.
For more details of our services see the links below or in the dropdown menu for archaeological services above.
- Cultural Heritage Impact Assessment for EIS’s and stand alone cultural heritage reports
- Assessment of Impacts on the Setting of Cultural Heritage Site (Visual Impact Assessment)
- Site Investigation Services including archaeological testing, monitoring and full excavation
- Specialist Archaeological Services including animal bone and human remains analysis